Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Postcard Art - Graffiti Style


This card is 4X6 and is all hand drawn using sharpies and hi-lighted with the ever elusive sharpie white permanent marking stick with an extra bold tip. If anyone knows if they have a fine tip or ultra fine tip white sharpie, please let me know where I might find one. 

This week's theme for Sunday Postcard Art is Street Art! I was a little stumped creatively at first, but I started doodling and the next thing I know I had a bright colorful card that reminded very much of graffiti. I don't live in a big city, but little bits of graffiti have popped up around my own home town, colorful cartoony characters and puffy words that the city is slowly painting over.  And occasionally when I get stopped at the RR tracks in BC I am able to sit back and admire the graffiti art on passing railway cars and wonder what city the car was in when the artist created such colorful work.

I hope you enjoy my little submission as much as I enjoyed making it. It has really inspired me creatively and I think I am going to spend this afternoon making some ATCs.

Thanks for the artistic jumpstart Sunday Postcard Art!

5 comments:

Sue said...

This is fabulous, you're a champion doodler :o)

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow--I just love it!!!!
I am going to be a follower as soon as I leave this message for you...
Also, I have a prayer blog called "I Owe it all to Him." It is brand-new and I thought you might want to visit and also hook up to my linky party this coming Friday...
the address is:http://Ioweitalltohim.blogspot.com
Hugs,
Cindy

Michigan Spinning said...

Thank you for the lovely comments! I really had fun with this.

Cindy - thank you for the invite for your linky party. I just visited your blog and will definitely continue to visit you often. I love reading in Psalm.

Irish3 said...

Love it.. just gives off a good feeling with the sweet colors and images, great job!!

Femmy said...

great postcard!!!