Monday, July 5, 2010

Blueberry Picking


My dad took me and my nieces blueberry picking this morning at a local farm. It was a great time. We only spent about an hour and a half there, but I picked a whole bucket. I told everyone else they were pitiful pickers because their 3 buckets combined equaled the amount in my bucket. The girls complained that it was too hot and they were going to dehydrate , I just chuckled and told them I was sure they would live long enough to leave the blueberry patch.

 In the end we spent $12 on fresh picked blueberries and had a great time together. Afterwards we went out to lunch at a local wings joint that offers a wide variety of sauces for their wings, and then we went home and browsed blueberry recipes online.


Tomorrow morning we are making some "Get Stuffed Blueberry French Toast" , blueberry scones, and blueberry syrup. I will be sure to share pics when we are done cooking. My nieces plan to get up early just to bake. I 'd better set my alarm to make sure I get up on time.

No comments: