Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bobbles and Buttons - Neckwarmer and Mitts

I have put this pattern on Ravelry - you can find me there as lildebi, and you can find the pattern PDF for printing here

I went to the Fiber Festival in Marshall last Saturday and fell in love with all the fibers. This fiber was from Jehovah Jireh farm and I purchased it in an 80z roving ready for spinning. It is a blend of 70% Merino Wool and 30% Alpaca, and I spun it up on my new bottom whorl spindle that I bought from Spin2knit to make a bulky yarn. I happened upon a women plying on her spindle using the navajo plying method, it was great to see, and even greater to realize that I knew and recognized what she was doing. I tried the Navajo Ply myself on this yarn and it turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself. I really love it and have decided to continue to purchase this fiber and make more yarn to sell in My Etsy Shop . I can envision this yarn in a nice chunky sweater or poncho with pockets. Too many of my clothes are minus pockets and I really miss the ability to carry small things without having to lug around my huge duffel of a purse.

Since I am under the weather this week, I am using this down time to spin and knit. I just finished up some angora/silk last night, it is a light pink reminiscent of Cotton Candy, and I just love it. I am also spinning up another smaller bundle of Merino/Alpaca from Jehovah Jireh Farm that I am going to navajo ply and use to make myself a pair of fingerless mitts.

I have also written up the pattern for the Owl Pincushion and am adding it to that blog entry later today. So keep an eye out for it later on.

No comments: