Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Puppy Love!

It was such a gorgeous day on Sunday that I decided to spend the whole day taking it easy with my dogs. I had just spent 3 days away from home and had made it back around midnight Saturday evening/Sunday morning. I decided to put off work until Monday and just rest.

My dogs are:
Isabella - a white lab/samoyed mix
Loki - a rust colored shepherd/husky mix
Princess - a purebred Toy Rat Terrier
all girls!

We went for a long morning walk after breakfast and then I took a short walk to Church for the 11am service at the First Baptist Church in downtown Marshall. After Church my sister stopped by to drop off a set of enamelware she had picked up for me at a Garage Sale on Saturday. (I will take pics of it tomorrow and post them for you to see, they're red!
Then the girls (dogs) and I spent a few hours sitting out in the front yard. They relaxed in the grass, basking in the sun, while I worked on various knitting projects.
I had to keep Loki and Isabella leashed to the bench because they are still in training and would run off and chase people passing by if they had the chance. Believe it or not, Loki will be a year old on May 23rd and Isabella turned 1 year just after Thanksgiving. They really haven't had much opportunity to interact with other dogs or other people very much yet, so we are taking it one day at a time. Princess is 7 and until recently has been much better behaved.Later, we went for our evening walk and then we kicked back in the house for the rest of the evening.
They were all tuckered out!
you can't see Princess because she is always sitting by me covered up with her little blankie:)oh......and I can't forget The Cat.....his name is Omi pronounced oh-me. My daughter named him after some character in a Japanese Cartoon. He is a monster of a cat at 24lbs.

No comments: