Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Give that dog a Bone!


I pulled this knitting pattern off of KrisKnits blog. I made the first one following the pattern exactly and gave the finished bone to my mother's Teacup Chihuahua named Babee. Since I have much larger dogs, with the exception of princess who doesn't play with toys, I decided to try my hand at making a larger bone.

Here it is:I had to mend it twice within the first 15 minutes after Isabella and Loki got their teeth on it. Loki was pretty jealous of Isabella's new toy and kept trying to take it away from her.
I am knitting Loki one in yellow with a yellow/pink/white striping on the opposite side. I hope to have that one finished tomorrow.

I may end up mending these bones everyday the way these girls play, but I love them too much to let them live without toys!

No comments: