Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Crochet Happy:)

Although I prefer knitting to crochet, I just can't get enough of this Amigurumi style of crocheting little toys and dolls. This lamb is a little bigger than I thought it would be, but with a smaller hook I can make a sweet itty bitty sleeping lamb.

I found this sleeping lamb pattern on Ravelry. I just discovered Ravelry while browsing some knitting blogs and thought I would check it out. All I can say is it is AWESOME. It covers both Crochet and Knitting, lets me track my projects, log my stash of yarn so I can keep track of what I have and what I need to replace, and much much more. I spent the better part of the afternoon yesterday looking at all the patterns in various categories and have a list of things that I want to make for friends and family. I even found some neat little crochet patterns that my nephew Jacob might like. I thought that for his birthday (coming up in August) I would make him up a pattern book so he can make some things himself. For example, in the free patterns I found Teenage Mutant ninja turtles, Pac Man and the ghosts, Super Mario Mushrooms and Star Patterns, some little bacteria dolls, a pattern to make the THING from the Fantastic Four, various Aliens, basically all the things a boy would love. Of course, the patterns are so cute I just have to make a few myself as well.

I am thinking that I will try my hand at designing a pattern to crochet in the round Amigurumi style and my big Fat Cat Omi will make a good test subject.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a cat with those same markings. Funny!