Sunday, January 11, 2009

Altered Book Pages - For the Love of Fairies


I just wanted to take a moment to share the results of this morning's creative pursuit. I awoke this morning at 1:30 am and decided to get up and get moving on an altered book I am making for a Round Robin on www.Mailartworld.com. This is only the 2nd time I have attempted to alter a book. I might be more successful with it this time.

I purchased some wonderful digital collage sheets on Etsy. They include the Castle, the butterfly (Fairy) wings, the rusty door, and the small fairy standing in front of the door, and the little girl fairy with the flowers was made using the wings and a vintage children collage sheet. The rest is decorative paper, sharpie marker, colored pencil and gold leafing pen. The final touch will be glitter. You can't have fairies without a little bit of glitter.

The original book is called "Millie Cooper and Friends" and the 3 girls on the right are an actual B&W illustration from the book that I have colored with pencil and marker and made into a group of Fairies.

1 comment:

Deb said...

This is where I've been wanting to leave a comment. My goodness, this is so enchanting. The mix of images evoke a playfulness that makes you wanna jump right into the art piece. A celebration of friendship. I so love this!