Saturday, June 21, 2008

tHe BiG EyE BiRd


I recently joined a Collage Bird Swap on my all time favorite site for trading ATCs, and the cards shown above are the result of a day filled with inspiration. I made the first card and thought, let's put a BIG EYE on the bird's face, and so I did. And I loved it so much that I put BIG Eyes on all my birds. My mother says I must have a certain fascination for the BIG EYE since alot of my art recently includes a BIG EYE or two. I think I might make another batch of these birds in a different theme, like maybe a circus theme, and make them into clowns and have them riding elephants and walking the tight rope:)

3 comments:

Contessa Kris said...

Thanks so much for reviewing my site at blogcatalog. It afforded me the opportunity to find your blog. Fabulous work you do! I'm in love your new bird cards. So eclectic. My kind of work. Your carved stamps are great. I have all the stuff to do the same but have not done so yet. You should carve a 'big eye' since you're so into the big eyes lately. Would be cool! I'll be back to see your work again soon!

altermyworld said...

oooooooooooooo girl i love your birdies, you have a great way of putting things together.
Is that a crab or a lobster i am so in love with that stamp!!!
ANg

Michigan Spinning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.